Hydrotherapy is the use of water to assist animals in regaining muscle strength & resilience under controlled circumstances.
Studies have shown that animals undergoing hydrotherapy after injury or surgery recover quicker & have an increased range of motion than those without.
Hydrotherapy is also a great cardiovascular workout and can assist with weight loss for those patients suffering from weight management issues.
Our State of the Art Underwater Treadmill has a few features that make it special:
* an extremely low entry/exit design, making it even safer & easier for your animal to get in & out
* 2 doors so your pet doesn't have the stress of having to turn around to exit the treadmill
* incline feature to increase resistance
* temperature control to ensure that the water is at the best therapeutic temperature for your pet
How does Therapeutic Hydrotherapy differ from our Swimming Lessons?
* Therapeutic Hydrotherapy in the treadmill is partially weight bearing and involves greater active flexion and extension (mobility) of the joints
* Treadmill training does not involve kicking movements, which is safer for post op cruciate rehabilitation
* Water depth can be easily altered to increase/decrease the work load as needed by the patient
* Temperature controlled water ensures therapeutic temperatures to assist in pain relief and reduce unnecessary fatigue from dogs getting too cold
* Therapeutic hydrotherapy videography is used to enable our physio to assess gait and compare gait alterations over the period of treatment
Why Choose Vogue Vets & Wellness Centre for your Hydrotherapy?
ALL our programs are uniquely tailored to your pet & overseen by Qualified Professionals.
This means that Better outcomes are likely, with little risk of further injury.
Laser Therapy is a non-invasive method for providing pain relief & treating inflammation either in conjunction with, or without, surgery & medications.
Laser treatment uses deep penetrating light to stimulate a chain of chemical reactions that result in decreased pain through release of endorphins, and accelerated healing through stimulation of injured cells.
Laser therapy can be particularly useful in helping animals to recover from: surgery; muscle/soft tissue strains/injuries; arthritis & back pain; ear infections; hot spots/dermatitis; anal gland issues & gingivitis.
We're pleased to offer Acupuncture and TCM as services at our clinic. Dr Nadia will examine your pets to fully assess them from both a Western & Traditional Chinese Medicine perspective and decide what the most appropriate treatment regime will be.
Acupuncture is an ancient medical treatment and is probably one of the oldest forms of veterinary medicine in the world.
It involves placement of very fine needles into certain pressure points on the body, which then alters various body functions. One of its main uses is to provide pain relief for arthritis, spinal disease, & mobility issues such as hip dysplasia. It can be used alone, or in conjunction with conventional western medicine & surgery to achieve better patient outcomes.
Other Veterinary Rehab Therapies
In addition to Acupuncture, Hydro and Laser Therapies, we offer a range of Therapies such as:
Therapeutic Exercise - strengthening & balancing exercises
Thermal Therapies - applying heat or cold packs to treat inflammation
Walkin' Wheels Wheelchair fitting & management
& Fitness and Weight Management Therapies
FITNESS & SPORTS REHAB
Does Your Dog Participate in any of the Following Activities?
Canine Search & Rescue
Canine Police Unit
Then our Fitness program is perfect for you! Your Dog will have a physio assessment to ensure that there are no pre-existing injuries (of which you may be unaware), and then a personalised Fitness Program will be prepared for you to follow both in the Centre, and at home.
Have a large breed dog & worried they won't fit into the Hydro unit? Don't Worry, we've got you covered!! Our Canine Hydro unit is one of the biggest on the market, meaning your Leonbergers & Great Danes can use it in Style & Comfort!